Campground in Waikato, Waikato New Zealand
Our camp sites are in a secluded field roughly 50m up the road from our house and are suitable for couples or families looking for a country escape. There is easy access via a seperate driveway off the road and there are several flat sites to choose from that are suitable for both tents and/or campervans. There is a fire pit, long drop toilet, cold water camp shower, and a sink. A bucket of warm water for showering can be provided on request. Things to do:
- There is a tennis court adjacent to the camp site which is available for use. Basic rackets and balls are also available for use.
- Nikau Cave and Cafe which is a 10 minute drive down the road operate caving tours.
- Nikau Cave and Cafe roast their own coffee (Best espresso for miles! ?) and are open daily for lunch and drinks.
- Waikeretu bush walk is a 12 minute drive down the road and leads to a hidden waterfall.
- Relax with a drink and enjoy the sound of the local wildlife (Tui’s, Keraru, warblers, peacocks, turkeys, bulls, and sheep).
Address184 Kokonga E Rd, Waikaretu 2695, New Zealand
Phone number+64 21703971